Welcome to my blog. I’m delighted you are here!
As a way of introduction, I help organisations get the clarity they need to make better decisions.
As an independent academic and enviromental data scientist, much of my work focusses on helping companies to minimise the impacts of environmental risks. So two key examples of my work include:
- I work with many insurance companies and financial institutions helping them understand where subsidence is a higher risk, and how this risk is likely to change under future climates.
- I work with many water and gas distribution utilities helping them to understand how soil and weather impacts on thier pipes, so we can predict (and prevent) pipe failures.
My aim for this website is to post thoughts here on a range of topics including:
- the importance of clean data
- how the environment impacts on our infrastructure
- thoughts on what we can do to minimise those impacts
- handy R / GIS and other data science tips, tricks and hacks
- general productivity and things to make our short lives more valuable
The rationale for this website is that it will:
- help me clarify my own thoughts, (“thoughts disentangle themselves over lips and through pencil tips”) and improve the quality of my own work.
- be a place to host resources for myself, my students and colleagues (when we’ve solved a problem once, it is good to remember / share it);
I hope you’ll join me for the ride!
If you’d like to explore how we might be able to work together, please email me at hello (at) timfarewell.co.uk
Weekly thoughts, tips and tricks
I'd love to hear from you
Let me know if I can help with anything... best to email me on email@example.com